Job Opportunity: Project Officer
The North Kelvin Sports Development Group are a registered charity based in north-west Glasgow with the stated aims of inclusiveness, opportunity and access for all. As a grass-roots organisation we offer our entire community sports participation, education and coaching and volunteering opportunities allowing the whole community to benefit from the opportunities provided by the organisation.
The group also run North Kelvin Utd, a well-established Scottish FA Quality Mark Community which provides weekly football coaching and games for teams at Fun 4s, 7 a-side and 11 a-side including a Girls and Adult team.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Hours per Week: 21 hours per week. Monday – Thursday. May also include evenings and weekends.
This is a temporary post and is currently funded until 31st March 2018.
Additional hours may be available through club community projects, including holiday camps, subject to availability.
Rate of Pay: £12 per hour
Responsible to: Management Committee
The club's motto is 'Oportunitas', coming from the Latin meaning: fitness, advantage and opportunity.
Purpose of the Post
The post will require the Project Coordinator to manage and deliver North Kelvin’s community projects; Fit and Able, holiday camps and the extremely successful Bridges and Barriers anti-sectarian project. Working with the Project Supervisor, the role will ensure the ongoing success of the projects department and maintaining its high standards and reputation as the club staff moves through a year of transition. The role will also include: assisting club staff with day to day operations, general office administration, and social media.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and be lead deliverer of North Kelvin Sports community projects
- Maintain effective planning, monitoring and reporting of all community projects
- Liaise with the committee to ensure that all tasks required to run the project efficiently are carried out on a monthly basis.
- Motivate staff and volunteers through recognition and feedback.
- Assist staff with day to day operations and office administration
- Maintain a strong social media presence using the social media strategy
- Abide by and promote sound ethics and club policy, child protection, fair play and equal opportunities to all members
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Scottish FA Level 2 Qualification (Children’s Award/C Licence)
- Relevant professional qualification in Sport or Community Education
- ·Community project experience
- ·Understanding of sports equity
- Enhanced PVG clearance
Applications should take the form of a detailed CV with a covering letter explaining why the candidate is suitable for the job.
Deadline for applications will be 5pm on Monday 10th July
Tel: 0141 946 0603
Facebook: North Kelvin Utd Twitter: @NorthKelvin