Job Title: North Kelvin Academy Coordinator
Hours per Week: 30 Hours per week. Monday to Friday. 12:00noon – 6pm.
Rate of Pay: £12 per hour
Responsible to: Management Committee
Post Duration: June 2019 (Minimum)
Purpose of the Post
The successful applicant will coordinate the new North Kelvin Academy after-school project. The NK Academy will engage young people from the north-west of Glasgow in the pursuit of sporting excellence through participation in games, skill mastery and technical training in a variety of sports. The coordinator will also be responsible for overseeing the delivery of workshops and activities that promote personal and social development and develop positive lifestyle choices. This new project is supported by the Scottish Government’s Aspiring Communities Fund and the European Social Fund (ESF).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the delivery of the North Kelvin Academy at 3 delivery sites in the north-west of Glasgow
- Create an NKA curriculum to be delivered at each delivery site
- Recruit and train a team of project workers to deliver the NKA curriculum
- Provide ongoing training and support to all project workers
- Maintain a strong social media presence using the social media strategy
- Regular contact with the funder and ensure all reporting deadlines are submitted on time
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with participating schools
- Abide by the club ethos and philosophy
- Promote the improvement of coaching standards and the qualifications of coaches
- Abide by and promote sound ethics and club policy, child protection, fair play and equal opportunities to all members
- Report monthly to the management committee
- Any relevant club business as directed by the club management committee
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in sport or community education
- Relevant sports coaching qualifications
- Project management experience
- Experience of delivering educational workshops
- Strong leadership, organisational and communication skills
- Enhanced PVG clearance
Applications should take the form of a detailed CV with a covering letter explaining why the candidate is suitable for the job.
Deadline for applications will be 5pm on Friday 17th November.
Tel: 0141 946 0603 Twitter: @NorthKelvin